Your impact on Unicom
Throughout the Graduate Management Programme, you will have regular meetings to review your development and integration within the company. During these meetings you will discuss the department you are currently working in, reporting on how that department could be improved.
During each meeting you will be assigned a project to be completed during your next rotation. The projects completed by previous intakes have been of an exceptional standard and have been presented to the senior management (including Directors of the company) for consideration. They have helped to influence change within the company which is a major accomplishment for someone new to the business.
Each project scope is different and will challenge you to develop new skills. Previous projects have included:
- Reporting on how to streamline and improve a department
- Marketing strategies for the services we offer
- Improving the performance and motivation of a team
- Planning and executing a charity fundraising event
- Writing press releases to gain publicity for the company
- Proposing a logistics plan of how best to utilise a storage building
Some projects require you to work as a team with your fellow graduates; some project require you to work individually, sometimes in competition with other graduates. All projects submitted receive feedback from senior management and many projects have a real world impact (e.g. fund raising for Children in Need).